The Veterinary Surgeons (Exemptions) Order 2015 states that remedial treatment by ‘physiotherapy’ requires delegation by a veterinary surgeon who has first examined the animal. The Order allows the treatment of an animal by physiotherapy if the following conditions are satisfied:
- The first condition is that the person providing treatment is aged 18 or over
- The second condition is that the person is acting under the direction of a qualified person (Vet) who –
- Has examined the animal, and …
- Has prescribed the treatment of the animal by physiotherapy
The Order also states; “Musculoskeletal maintenance care for a healthy animal, for instance massage, does not require delegation by a veterinary surgeon. However, the animal must still be registered with a veterinary surgeon. Maintenance should cease and the owner of the animal should be asked to take their animal to a veterinary surgeon for clinical examination at the first sign that there may be any underlying injury, disease or pathology.”
To this end, we are now requesting all clients to complete an owner’s consent form for each animal prior to your visit. In addition, any animal with an underlying condition or current injury require veterinary consent/delegation before treatment can be received.
Worcestershire and Shropshire
We are now offering the full range of services in and around the Worcestershire and Shropshire area in the comfort of your own home or garden. Appointments are available between 10am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Evening and weekend appointments may be available upon request.
Contact us to book an appointment or to find out how we can help.
We are frequently returning to Surrey, where we are still offering a full range of services at our clinic in Cranleigh. Details of appointment availability will be listed on our Facebook page and through our online booking system, below. Contact us for more information or to book an appointment, or alternatively click the button below.
Terms and Conditions
- All payments become due at the end of your appointment. Any late payments will incur a £10 administration fee.
- Payment can be made by cash, Paypal and all major credit and debit cards. BACS payments will only be accepted if paid in advance or transferred by end of your session.
- When booking online you have the option to pay at the time of booking or during your appointment.
- For the purpose of insurance claims, we can issue you a receipt at the end of each treatment, as a block at the end of treatment or when submitting interim claims.
- Whilst physiotherapy is generally covered by most insurance policies, it is your responsibility to check with your own insurers.
- Maintenance checks and treatments are only available to healthy animals. If following assessment an underlying condition or injury is identified, the treatment will stop immediately and you will be requested to contact your veterinary surgeon for a clinical assessment. Should further treatment be required, then a veterinary referral will be required for the condition. A fee for the assessment will be due at this point
- Where a significant number of appointments are required at the start of a treatment plan, we may offer an extended payment plan to help with cost. However, this is at our discretion and will incur administration charges. You will be responsible to pay all fees, and no assistance with regards to insurance claims will be given until fees are cleared.
All physiotherapy and fitness appointments are made in good faith. We accept that on occasions life gets in the way, which may mean you are unable to attend your appointment. With this in mind, we allow each client, one short notice cancellation without penalty, but ask that you give us as much notice as possible so that we may offer the appointment to another client.
Future cancellations will be subject to the following charges;
- If cancelled within 48hrs notice, 50% of appointment fee will be due
- If cancelled within 24hrs notice, the full fee will be due
An invoice will be sent out and due upon receipt. We reserve the right not to accept any further bookings until invoice is paid.